M-Loudener by Techivation
Techivation succeeded once more. They created a powerful plugin that is really simple to use, so you can enhance the loudness, richness, and depth of your audio signal without sacrificing dynamic range.
The “M-Loudener“ plugin is what we’re going to be looking at today. Additionally, if you want to test it out, you may download the trial version and use it for 3-days as an experiment.
Techivation has made offered M-Loudener, the first plug-in in a brand-new line of plug-ins known as M. This first version is designed to increase an audio signal’s loudness while preserving its dynamic range. As with all of their processors, the company’s primary goal is to provide a user-friendly interface that anyone can use.
This is what Techivation said about the “M-Loudener”:
“Designed with advanced algorithms that maintain the integrity of your original sound, the M-Loudener is the ideal tool for enhancing your audio tracks with minimal effort. This plug-in is designed to offer precise and accurate results, which makes it a perfect tool for audio mastering and buss processing. It is also ideal for use on individual tracks, especially for enhancing punchiness or making sounds cutting through the mix with extra power.”
Four quality or oversampling settings, including “Standard,” “Good,” “Great,” and “Ultra,” are offered by M-Loudener. Inevitably oversampling in M-Loudener helps in aliasing reduction by processing audio internally at up to 8 times the host’s sample rate.
I’ve included a number of images that illustrate how each of these adjustments may impact your signal.
Let’s take a look at how your signal will be affected on its default mode “Standard”.
Standard (Linear Analysis)
Standard (Harmonic Analysis)
Standard + Activating Softener and Smoother Mode (Harmonic Analysis)
The “Good” mode provides you (2X) Over-Sampling.
Good (Linear Analysis)
Good (Harmonic Analysis)
Good + Activating Softener and Smoother Mode (Harmonic Analysis)
The “Great” mode with (4X) Over-Sampling.
Great (Linear Analysis)
Great (Harmonic Analysis)
Great + Activating Softener and Smoother Mode (Harmonic Analysis)
And finally, the “Ultra” mode can provide (8X) Over-Sampling.
Ultra (Linear Analysis)
Ultra (Harmonic Analysis)
Ultra + Activating Softener and Smoother Mode (Harmonic Analysis)
Full Drive Mode
Here, I’ve cranked up the M-Loudener’s Drive to the highest setting to test how it would respond.
Standard (Full Drive) + Activating Softener and Smoother Mode
Good (Full Drive) + Activating Softener and Smoother Mode
Great (Full Drive) + Activating Softener and Smoother Mode
Ultra (Full Drive) + Activating Softener and Smoother Mode
You Might Also Like:
Let us now explore "M-Loudener" features in more detail:
- Sound Effect: Increasing this will increase the loudness, thickness, and punchiness of sound.
- Drive: Increasing this will give the track more headroom and more dynamic range.
- Softener & Smoother: Makes the plug-in effect more gentle.
- Mid/side: Pushing to the side will make your track sound wider and more stereo while pushing to
mid will make the track sound more narrow but punchier.
- Quality: Oversampling up to 8X
- Input: Show the signal that is coming to this plugin.
- Output: If you still have headroom for your track, and want it to be louder after finding the sweet spot with the “Sound Effect” control, you can use the “Output” control to make that happen.
- Dry/wet Mix: The ‘Mix’ option regulates the blend of the input and output signals. It is ideal for parallel processing. It ranges from 0% (plug-in bypassed) to 100%, which is the default amount. Double-clicking on ‘mix’ will reset it to the default value.
- A/B: The A/B buttons enable easy comparison of different options to determine which works best. You can also copy the same settings from A to B or vice versa to test small tweaks and adjustments and compare their effects.
- Internal On/off Switch: The plug-in includes a bypass/on the control for quickly enabling or bypassing the effect. This control helps prevent potential clicks that can occur when using the on/off switch from the DAW host.
- Menu: Provides, Undo/Redo, Presets menu, Save/Load settings, GUI settings, Activation setup, Over-sampling, and more.
One of the things that the majority of producers/engineers want is the ability to achieve loudness without unpleasant artifacts. When trying to add punch or make the sounds stand out in the mix with more power, the M-Loudener is a great tool for achieving that result. I enjoy how this plugin responds to the signal and produces such an excellent result.
Remember that the M-Loudener is not a limiter plugin. In fact, the idea behind using this plugin is to do so before your final limiter in order to give your audio a little additional punch, stereo widening, and loudness. Therefore, you should be aware that this is an entirely different idea. I noticed the need to make this clear since I could see how someone may be concerned if they saw the name of this plugin and assumed it was the limiter plugin. This plugin somewhat resembles an enhancer. So it is designed to feel that final touch and add more solidness to your sound.
The M-Loudener will be a smash on your drum bus, vocal bus, guitar bus, and master bus. Although there are no limitations on what you may use this plugin for, I’ve found that it works best on group tracks and buses. You shouldn’t avoid using it on single songs, though. Do it and simply observe it for yourself, since nobody else can tell you what is good or incorrect. So as I mentioned earlier you can use this plugin for 3-days as a free trial and see if it works for you or not, at the moment they offer a 50% discount on the M-Loudener until March 31st, 2023.
You can download the ‘M-Loudener’ from their official website (linked below). Again currently this plugin is on discount and you can get it for $45 at the original price is $90 until March 31st, 2023.
Owners of other premium Techivation plugins can get a loyalty priced of $35, and those who own all the Techivation T Series plugins can purchase M-Loudener for only $25 during the intro promotion.
Also, Techivation offers a FULL BUNDLE (HERE) pack and you can get all their products at a really good price.
Download Link: ‘M-Loudener‘
MAC OSX Requirements
- Mac OS X 10.11 (OS X El Capitan) – macOS 11.6 (Big Sur) as 64bit VST, VST3, and AU, and 64-bit AAX, Intel, and Native M1
- Windows 7 and up as 32 / 64-bit VST and VST3, and 64-bit AAX (PT11 and up).